It is a good idea to make use of furniture protectors, floor mats, and area rugs to guard your wood floors from scratches. An oak wood flooring is an excellent choice as it is really hard and works very well in areas that receive a lot of web site traffic, but there are a few things you should be conscious of before you choose your hardwood flooring.
Images about Types Of Wood Flooring Species
Normally the install can be done with relatively average expertise and straightforward tools like a chop saw and then rented flooring nailer. Gorgeous solid wood flooring is able to look wonderful, creating a true sense of individuality and style and a contemporary, contemporary experience within any home. All wood floors, no matter the finish treatment or quality of the fire wood, will be prone to surface scratching.
23 Types of Hardwood Flooring (Species, Styles, Edging, Dimensions
Did they come in on budget? How long did it take for any floor being put in? Did they get a price reduction on the flooring if you purchased it from the pro individual or service which installed the floor? In many cases the supplies are quite less expensive if you purchase the flooring from the business enterprise putting in the wood flooring. They are additionally relatively simple to maintain.
Different Wood Flooring Types Outlet, 59% OFF www.ingeniovirtual.com
Choosing Hardwood Flooring Hardwood floor colors, Types of
Wood Floors – Ten Most Common Types of Wood Gemini Floor Services
Flooring Types « Royal Wood Flooring LLC
Wood Species for Hardwood Flooring – How to Pick Blog Floorsave
Hardwood Flooring Types and Species
Engineered, Laminate, Solid Hardwood Wood Flooring
Which wood floor species is right for me? – Creative Carpet u0026 Flooring
How to Choose the Best Hardwood Flooring Species for Your Home
Three Types of Hardwood Flooring – Cameron the Sandman Wood
Hardwood Flooring: Types, Costs, and Finishing Options – This Old
Wood Flooring Types Explained BuildDirect® Learning
- Cherry Wood Floor Vents
- Engineered Wood Flooring Buckling
- Extra Wide Plank Engineered Wood Flooring
- Compare Wood Flooring Types
- Dark Wood Floors White Kitchen Cabinets
- Wood Flooring For Porch
- Engineered Wood Flooring Armstrong
- Laying Engineered Wood Flooring On Concrete With Underfloor Heating
- How To Install Wood Flooring Under Door Jambs
- Gluing Engineered Wood Flooring To Concrete
Wood flooring is one of the oldest types of flooring and has been around for centuries. It has a timeless beauty that can add warmth and character to any room. There are many different types of wood species available for use in flooring, each with its own unique characteristics and benefits. In this article, we will explore the various types of wood flooring species and their advantages, so that you can make an informed decision when selecting the right type of wood flooring for your needs.
Types Of Wood Flooring Species
There are many different types of wood species used in the manufacture of wood flooring, each with its own unique characteristics and benefits. Let’s take a look at some of the most popular types of wood species used today:
Oak is one of the most popular wood species used for wood flooring due to its strength, durability, and attractive grain patterns. It is also very easy to maintain and refinish if necessary. Oak is available in both red and white varieties, allowing you to choose the one that best suits your decorating style. Red oak tends to be more expensive than white oak due to its more highly-desirable grain patterns.
Maple is another popular choice for wood flooring due to its strength and durability. It has a beautiful creamy-white color with subtle gray streaks throughout, giving it an elegant look. Maple is often used as an alternative to oak as it is less expensive but still provides a high-quality finish.
Hickory is prized for its strength, hardness, and durability. It has a distinctive grain pattern with alternating bands of light and dark colors that give it a striking appearance. Hickory is also known for its shock-resistance, making it a great choice for high-traffic areas such as kitchens and hallways.
Cherry is a softwood species that is known for its warm reddish-brown color and attractive grain patterns. It is also known for being fairly easy to work with during installation, making it a great choice for DIYers looking to save money on their flooring project. Cherry wood tends to darken over time as it ages, giving it an even richer look over time.
Walnut has become increasingly popular over the past few years due to its rich brown color and attractive grain patterns. It is known for being strong, stable, and resistant to warping or shrinking over time. Walnut also takes stain very well, allowing you to customize the color of your flooring even further if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Types Of Wood Flooring Species:
Q1: What type of wood species should I use if I want a light-colored floor?
A1: If you are looking for a light-colored floor then maple or cherry are good options as they both have lighter colors that won’t overpower other elements in your room décor. Walnut also takes stain very well, so if you want a lighter shade of brown you could go with walnut as well.
Q2: What type of wood species should I use if I want a dark-colored floor ?
A2: If you are looking for a dark-colored floor then oak or hickory are good options as they both have darker colors that will provide a bold statement in your room décor. Walnut also takes stain very well, so if you want a darker shade of brown you could go with walnut as well.
What is the most popular type of wood flooring species?The most popular type of wood flooring species is oak. Other popular species include maple, hickory, cherry, and walnut. Each species has its own unique properties and characteristics that make it suitable for different types of flooring applications.
What types of wood flooring are available?1. Solid Wood Flooring: This type of wood flooring is made from a single piece of solid hardwood and is available in a variety of species, such as oak, maple, cherry, walnut, and mahogany. It can be stained to match any decor and is the most expensive type of wood flooring.
2. Engineered Wood Flooring: This type of flooring is constructed with multiple layers of plywood and topped with a layer of hardwood veneer. It is more stable than solid wood and is suitable for areas with higher levels of moisture or humidity.
3. Laminate Flooring: This type of flooring has a photographic image of wood printed on top of an HDF (high-density fiberboard) core. The photographic image gives the appearance of real wood but it is not as durable as other types of wood flooring.
4. Bamboo Flooring: Made from a sustainable grass, bamboo flooring has become popular due to its durability and eco-friendly features. It is available in several styles and colors to match any decor.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of wood flooring?Advantages:
1. Natural beauty – Wood flooring has a natural beauty that can’t be found in any other flooring material.
2. Durability – Wood floors are highly durable and can last for decades with proper care.
3. Easy to repair – Minor scratches and dents can be easily repaired with sanding and refinishing.
4. Variety of Designs – Wood flooring comes in a variety of designs, stains, and finishes that can be used to create unique looks for any space.
5. Value-Added Feature – Wood flooring increases the value of a home and makes it more attractive to potential buyers.
1. Expensive – Wood flooring is usually more expensive than other types of flooring materials.
2. Susceptible to Moisture Damage – Wood floors are susceptible to moisture damage if not properly sealed or cared for.
3. Requires Maintenance – Wood floors require regular maintenance such as vacuuming, sweeping, and polishing to keep them looking their best.
4. Can Be Uncomfortable – Wooden floors can be cold and uncomfortable underfoot during the winter months.